Homeschooling is on the rise. For some families, homeschooling offers many benefits as well as the best education possible for their children. At Adirondack Learning Academy, we understand the decision to homeschool is a big decision. Below we explore several key factors and their benefits to consider when making the decision to homeschool.
1. Flexible Scheduling. Homeschooling allows you to schedule learning time according to what works best for you and your family. Do you want to take time during the week for a homeschool field trip? Plan accordingly and go! Does your child focus better later in the day? That's ok! Adirondack Learning Academy does not require specific login times. Do you have a student-athlete with a rigorous training and/or competition schedule? Our work-at-your-own pace program allows students to work ahead, if necessary.
2. Individualized Instruction. With classroom sizes growing, the learning environment can be overstimulating and distracting. Not only do you, the parent, have your fingertips on the pulse of your child’s education, but our learning coaches will monitor and assess
your child’s progress on a daily basis and offer academic support on an as-needed
3. Curriculum Choice. Our Director of Education will collaborate with you throughout the course selection process. A degree plan will be developed which meets the course
requirements for your home state with courses which you choose and approve of.
4. Child Safety. For those children who have experienced bullying and/or other troubling circumstances within the traditional school environment, homeschooling takes the anxiety out of learning so learning can take place.
5. Family Togetherness. So much time during the day is spent outside of the home when children attend a traditional school. When your children are homeschooled, there is more time for bonding and creating memories.
If you are thinking about homeschooling but have additional questions, call Admissions today at (800)374-1007. Our Director of Admissions, Maryann Oddo, is a homeschooling mom of 5 children who is always glad to share her experience and expertise as she guides you on your homeschooling journey.